Updated: May 13th, 2013 08:09 AM (MT)
Note: The Rocky Mountain Chapter accepts job postings as a public service to its members. Postings are submitted electronically for a 30-day period. To submit a job for consideration, send a message to the STC RMC jobline. See Submit a Job for details about what information to include and how to format job submissions.
New job listings are available exclusively to chapter members for the first 14 days. After that period, jobs are posted to the Current Jobs page for the remainder of the 30-day period.
Job #: 1679
Title: Technical Writer
Company: PCS Ferguson
Location: Denver Metropolitan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Ability to work effectively with individuals and functional groups throughout the company as required.
Education or Experience
- Technical Writing certificate program or 5+ years technical writing experience.
- Experience in creating/editing Hardware and Software User Guides.
- Illustration and Graphic (Vector and Raster) experience a plus.
- Active voice writing style (or Simplified Technical English understanding).
- Effective English communication skills (oral, written, and presentation)
- Read and interpret technical journals, specifications, international technical standards
- Familiar with STE (Simplified Technical English) or writing with active voice
- Advanced MS Word (2007)
- Microsoft Visio
- Work with engineering subject matter experts (SME’s) effectively producing customer facing product documentation to meet the needs of the target audience.
- Coordinate documentation reviews.
- Practice accepted hardware and software technical writing styles (active voice).
- Provide regular updates on project status and progress against plan. Proactively identify potential project risks and mitigation plans.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Please send resume for consideration to:
Automation Systems Manager